Tuesday, October 19, 2004

Time to fess up

Seein' as I got my absentee ballot in the mail today, what better time to contemplate who I'll be voting for in the Nov. 2 elections. And what better time to make my endorsements for all to ponder and enjoy. Unlike the newspapers, I don't pretend to be objective or measured about this in any way. But I think you'll find my political leanings rather sporadic and unpredictable. I chalk it up to the fact that I really don't care for either of the major political parties, so it's impossible to vote a straight ticket or to apply the same reasoning one race to the next. So anyway, here goes with the congressional districts: 1st congressional district: Bobby Rush Well, it's easy for pundits to marginalize Republican Ray Wardingly by bringing up his clown history, but apparently the man had a pretty honorable life both inside and outside of his clowning uniform, so give the guy some credit, will you? That said, the main reason I'm endorsing Rush is that Rush has more experience and will be more effective. Another reason is that Wardingly puts pictures like this on his Web site. I don't know what happened there. It appears the Wardingly in the photo is not only dematerializing, but has an arm growing out of his chest. I think Fitzgerald's hairline fell victim to the watercolor filter in Adobe Photoshop. Whoever that guy next to Fitzgerald is clearly needs to return to his original photo, and the reporter holding the microphone is positively befuddled, wiping the sweat from his brow with his camcorder, trying to comprehend the mysterious eraser blob that has appeared on his jacket. This is unacceptable abuse of technology. Rush is endorsed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home