Monday, April 25, 2005

Day off

Finally, a breather. I'm taking a day off work today after an exhausting weekend. Saturday was spent cleaning. Sunday, in addition to running errands, my wife and I ran the Ravenswood Run. It was freezing cold. I ran a little more than two of the three miles (my wife, of course, ran the whole race). It was the first race I'd run since last May when I ran 5.5 miles in San Francisco "Bay to Breakers" race (out of 8 miles, I think). Because I have bad knees, that's probably the furthest I'll ever run. So today, I'm just relaxing. But actually, I'm probably going to work on modernvertebrate.com -- something that I've neglected in the past few weeks because of lack of time. I'd like get my dream of launching a newspaper back on track, but I don't know if I'll have the time -- it was easier to think about when I hated my job. But about a year ago I got a new job that I really, really like. So it's hard to think about walking away from that. Of course, the other option is to keep the job and do the newspaper on the side, and hire writers. That's a possibility. But still a time-consuming possibility. One more thing: I had a weird dream last night. I spotted Mayor Daley on the street downtown and followed him into a building lobby, where I went up to him and talked to him. In the dream, I found him rather pleasant, and I felt bad for being so critical of him. Freaky.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home