Sunday, February 20, 2005

Stroger hurls insults at Cook County Commissioners

The Chicago Tribune has an article on Cook County Board President John Stroger's (D) name-calling streak in which he's called insurgent Commissioner Forrest Claypool (D) "phony." He also called Commissioner Larry Suffredin (D) "cheesy" (although, there I think he was just hungry). Strogers attacks were bipartisen. He called the Republican commissioners "five losers." That reminds me, I've been a little lax in my draft campaign -- since high-profile Democrats and Republicans will be too chicken to take on Stroger, I'm hoping to recruit a celebrity opponent to run. Any suggestions? How about Bill Murray. Wouldn't he make a kick ass county board president? Sammy Sosa's out, obviously. But what about Ronnie Woo Woo? But seriously, someone, anyone, please run.

1 Comments:

Blogger Amy Allen said...

Cogent analysis, as usual.
Well, and, also, there's been some animosity between Stroger and Collins, who would appear to be natural allies.
I've been wondering about your ongoing
thread about successors to Stroger.

2/23/2005 04:46:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home