Wednesday, June 01, 2005

Quote of the Day

Quick, who said this quote (from today's Sun-Times): "How am I supposed to know the money was tainted? I don't know who gives the money. I didn't know. I still don't know how it got there, where it came from and how it ended up in my campaign. I don't know any of them." ...I know what you're thinking. That's gotta be Daley. I mean who else talks like that. Well, apparently Daley-speak is catching on. That quote was from Ald. Emma Mitts (37th) who was explaining that she had no idea how $7,800 from Hired Truck companies under federal investigation ended up in her campaign fund. Oh, and she can't refund the money because she put it back into the community, she says. In all fairness to Mitts, no one has time to investigate every company that makes a donation to make sure they're on the up-and-up. That's why it's best not to accept corporate donations.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home