Saturday, November 20, 2004

Captain Kirk

Got to like this guy...Rep. Mark Kirk this week took a leadership post with the House Republican Mainstream Tuesday Group, a group that, as reported by Thursday's Chicago Tribune, "pushes for stronger environmental regulation and tends to be less conservative on social issues." The 35-member group is, obviously, at odds with the House's hardcore conservative leaders, like Speaker Denny Hastert and Majority Leader Tom DeLay. That means that when it comes to relaxing the ethical standards so that DeLay can continue in his leadership role even if he is formally accused of a crime, Kirk is standing up and saying no. You know, it's about time the Republican moderates started standing up for themselves. Since the Democrats obviously can't kick the ultraconservative nutjobs out of Washington, maybe the moderate Republicans are our only hope.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, I go to see you blog everyday and you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a used auto loan site/blog. It pretty much covers ##KEYWORD## related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time mate :-)

10/31/2005 07:49:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm a huge fan so you might like canine separation anxiety

11/02/2005 01:01:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I discuss this topic daily myself. I also have a website that talks about online survey form related things. Go check it out if you get a chance.

11/15/2005 06:10:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good morning fearofblog, I find it quite refreshing to occasionally find a post such as yours with a similar topic to my own interests. It somehow ads to ones little list of lifes experiences.

I seem to have a soft spot for blogs related to writing books and /or sites that have a central theme around writing books type items. I guess this comes from being a webmaster as well.

Once again fearofblog, thank you, hope you don't mind if I visit again next month. :-)

11/17/2005 08:28:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good morning fearofblog, I find it quite refreshing to occasionally find a post such as yours with a similar topic to my own interests. It somehow ads to ones little list of lifes experiences.

I seem to have a soft spot for blogs related to publishing software and /or sites that have a central theme around publishing software type items. I guess this comes from being a webmaster as well.

Once again fearofblog, thank you, hope you don't mind if I visit again next month. :-)

11/19/2005 11:30:00 PM  
Blogger safelists said...

Hi fearofblog, If you would like to make great money online please click here Resale Right Programs, for more info on making The Best Marketing,Resell Right,AutoSurf and Affiliate Programs On The Net http://www.incbizz.com. Resale Right Programs

11/23/2005 10:14:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good afternoon fearofblog, I find it very refreshing to occasionally find a post or topic such as yours with a similar theme to my own interests. My wife liked it too.

I must admit I tend to have a soft spot for sites related to and /or sites that have a central theme around type items. Probably the webmaster in me.

Once again, thank you fearofblog, and I hope you don't mind if I visit again sometime. :-)

11/23/2005 10:49:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home